Thursday 16 June 2011

Windows Azure Reporting missing .dll

I deployed my project successfully to Windows Azure, but got a surprise when I ran reports, they gave error mentioning a missing assembly Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll

now I new how to add references to Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll and Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll but I couldn't find the missing one anywhere, but with a help from a colleague here is the workaround.

how did I get the third assembly, Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll?

Apparently this assembly was found only in the GAC. Here is how you copy the file in the GAC :
  1. Open command prompt (run as Adminsitrator)
  2. cd C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel
  3. do dir.
  4. You see either one or both of the following folder:
    8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a
  5. cd to one of them, and do dir.
  6. You should see the Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll assembly.
  7. You can perform copy operation to your preferred destination folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment