now I new how to add references to Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll and Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll but I couldn't find the missing one anywhere, but with a help from a colleague here is the workaround.
how did I get the third assembly, Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll?
Apparently this assembly was found only in the GAC. Here is how you copy the file in the GAC :
- Open command prompt (run as Adminsitrator)
- cd C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel
- do dir.
- You see either one or both of the following folder:
- cd to one of them, and do dir.
- You should see the Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll assembly.
- You can perform copy operation to your preferred destination folder.